How to use The Stick
General Tips for Use
- Keep muscles relaxed during rollout
- Use on skin or through light clothing.
- The Stick is waterproof and designed to bend without fear of breaking.
- It is not necessary to hurt the muscle in order to help the muscle.
- Most effective when used before, during and after periods of activity.
- For pin-point rollout, slide hands onto spindles.
- Excessive use may caue muscle soreness.
- A typical warm-up for healthy muscle tissue is about 20 progressively deeper passes over each muscle group (about 30 seconds per area).
- Discomfort or pain is experienced when the spindles locate a bump or tender knot in the muscle - this is known as a trigger point.
- Muscles containing trigger points are often weak, stiff and sore. They are frequently tight, easily tire and often hurt.
- Muscles containing chronic trigger points need 20 additional passes over the involved area, and may require attention several times daily