Who’s it For?
The A360 is for the exerciser who demands both technological compliance / connectivity and advanced training feedback / functionality. It’s an activity tracking bracelet with OFF THE WRIST strapless heart rate monitoring that also happens to be a smartphone notification processing device! It comes in THREE sizes so make sure you check your wrist circumference before taking the plunge. I will cover that in more detail when we do the full review.
- Off the Wrist heart rate No more chest straps! Hurray. Train at the optimal intensity and maintain time in the desired heart rate training zone with Polar built-in optical heart rate sensor
- 24/7 activity tracking Track your activity 24/7 and get practical support to help you achieve your individual daily activity goal.
- Vibrating smart notifications With your phone tucked safely away in your pocket you will get notified when someone calls or texts.. whether you stop or not depends who’s calling.
- Steps and distance Sensitive digital accelerometers track your EVERY STEP. These modern devices can then use this data to give a reliable estimation on how far you have walked/jogged or ran. It’s not GPS accuracy, but tests with the Loop 2 proved them to be about 90% accurate.
- Smart calories Find out exactly how many calories you’ve burned. The calories you burn are calculated by combining your personal data (weight, height, age, and gender) and your daily activity and heart rate based training.
- Sleep Automatically tracks your sleep time and quality. Check and learn more about your sleeping patterns in the Polar Flow app and web service.
Love them or hate them, smartphone notification alerts are being added to everything and anything with a display and a battery. Train with your smartphone tucked safely away in your pocket and get a message and vibration alert pop up on your phone when you are called, text or emailed or even when a calendar event occurs. If you don’t want them, they can be easily turned off.
Heart Rate Monitoring WITHOUT a chest strap
Well we all knew it had to be coming, otherwise Polar would have drifted off in the wind while Garmin and Mio took over the world.. strapless heart rate monitoring is something everyone has wanted for a long long time. Rather than do what Garmin did and add Mio’s optical chip set, Polar have gone away and built there own. Brilliant. It’s one less thing to forget, one less thing for the battery to run out on… you can leave your chest strap at home and train with heart rate taken directly off your wrist. Accurate, live heart rate data displayed clearly on your multicolour touchscreen display.
See what you want, when you want
The A360 is a culmination of 40 years designing heart rate monitor products to give the customer what they want to see, when they want/need to see it. With it’s colour display features such as TIME IN ZONE are brought to life. Calories burnt and heart rate zone indicators are all crystal clear at a glance to your wrist.
Everything is CONNECTED (Bluetooth Smart)
As well as smartphone notification alerts being transmitted to the watch, the A360 sends all your training data and daily activity information to the Polar Flow webservice and APP. The APP is available on both iOs and Android platforms. We have used the Polar Flow APP extensively while testing the V800, M400, A300, V650 and M400 and it’s BRILLIANT. It’s simple to use on both iPhone and Android. We have never had connectivity issues and everything does just what we’ve wanted/expected it to.
So far it’s looking great. Polar were the first people to bring us an activity tracker with optional heart rate, the original LOOP. That was copied by Garmin with their VivoSmart and VivoFit. Mio beat them all to the activity band with OPTICAL, off the wrist heart rate when they brought out the Mio Fuse followed by Epson with their PS-100. Polar have now got their own activity band with built-in heart rate, large clear display, sleep tracking, step counting, smartphone notifications and bluetooth APP connectivity… where will it all end !?