- FLAT PLATE Smooths airflow below Bottle and Cage
- HORIZONTAL NOT tilted up 18 degrees like others
- EASY INSTALL/Removal. NO tools required
- CLEAR of Steerer Cap for XLAB Aero Computer Mount
- Uses Non-Stretch polyester straps
- Not zip ties that lose tension in the Sun
- 5X MORE adjustable than others.
- Ideal for any distance
- No drag penalty
- Front area of bottle 68% less than most other Bottles
- 4 Straps with Silicone Grip adjust to aerobar width
- Fits bars 9-14 cms apart. Center to center
- 1 1/2" fore and aft adjustment of cage on mount
- Use XLAB Torpedo cage for lowest drag setup. For poor road surfaces or steep hills use XLAB Chimp cage
- Torpedo cage & Aqua-Shot Optional
- Aero Computer Mount Option
- Use XLAB Aqua-Shot Squeeze and Squirt none-drip Bottle.
- Great for horizontal use such as on the Torpedo system
Cage can also be mounted in to order to withdraw bottle rearwards if desired
Features and Benefits
- "Use standard water bottle mounted horizontally on the aerobars for most aero additional hydration"... states leading Engineering led bicycle manufacturer.
- Specially designed by XLAB to be light and aerodynamic.
- Perfect with XLAB AQUA-SHOT bottle for Sprint Tris or 20km TT's or even Ironman races.
- Add XLAB AERO TT bottle and cage for Olympic Tris or 40km TT's.
- Taking a drink from an XLAB AQUA-SHOT once every 15 minutes is faster than the drag (as much as 50 grams) from a 3/8 dia (10 mm.) straw for the whole bike split. The drag from a front "aero" bottle is considerably more as it has nearly 3x the frontal area.
- Use on 70.3 or Ironman races to eliminate huge drag from front vertical bottles and straws.
- Aluminum Aircraft alloy plate
- 4 Silicone coated non-stretch polyester straps.
- 2 M5x12 mounting screws,washers and Nyloc nuts.
Aluminum Aircraft alloy plate.